Martha Ballesteros-Shakti has over 20 years experience leading Personal Empowerment Processes internationally. She spent many years living India, where she learned the Art of Integrating the State of Meditation and Mindfulness into Everyday Life. Martha has been interviewed in numerous magazines, newspapers, radio and television shows, sharing with the public her extraordinary experiences.
Martha was born in Bogotá, Colombia and her mother died 22 days after giving birth. She spent much of her childhood living in monasteries, having Gregorian chants as lullabies and the practice of silence as her playmate. The wonderful gift of that childhood is that Martha is guided from that early age to establish an intimate relationship with God. To that mischievous, intuitive and naive girl all those spaces of silence and prayer will cause frequent heavenly dreams and visions; the daily contact with music, rituals, and spiritual readings opened wide the door to the dimension where miracles are possible...
Her mid-twenties to her mid-thirties was a period of great transformation for Martha, she participated continuously in personal growth groups and immersed herself in different methods of meditation. Because of all this inner work, hidden wounds opened up and layers of accumulated pain began to heal, leaving fertile ground for her spiritual flowering. Martha has the Sanskrit name Shakti, which is the primordial cosmic energy, the female personification of Divine Creative Power, also known as “The Great Divine Mother.”
Her work in the healing arts began in 1972 teaching occupational therapists at the Universidad del Rosario in Bogotá. In 1995 she went through a spinal column surgery. While convalescing she started her training in Neuro-Linguistic Programming in Santa Fe, New Mexico; the next summer she went to the University of California in Santa Cruz to complete her NLP mastery with emphasis on Health and Wellbeing, under the guidance of Robert Dilts and Judith DeLozier, who are part of the founding team of NLP. These techniques helped her fast recovery, and she learned to manage her pain without medication. Months later she travelled to the Rapid Eye Institute in Salem, Oregon where she trained in Rapid Eye Technology, led by Dr. Ranae Johnson, founder of the Institute.
Martha is also trained in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Craniosacral Therapy, Reiki, Past live Regression, Liberation of childhood Trauma, Life Coaching, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis, Trauma Solution, Tantra, Active Meditations, and Pranic Healing. Martha was personally trained by Dr. Ann Wigmore as an Educator of The Living Foods Lifestyle. These holistic processes are the most advanced technology existing today in the area of transformation and personal growth; its quick and lasting results have been a great blessing in the lives of millions of people around the world.
"In 1995 I had a near death experience. Five days after my spinal surgery I had a serious clinical event. My blood pressure dropped to zero, I left my body and I found myself floating through a tunnel into the Light. In that dimension I experienced something indescribable ... a feeling of freedom that is joy, unconditional love and at the same time a sense of belonging with all that exists ... all together and more than that ... This experience set me free from the fear of death, and allowed me to be more present in life appreciating every moment that is given to me. In 2000, I had another surgery that left me with a serious health problem, from which I got permanent remission through the practice of Yoga Nidra.
I offer solutions through work one on one, in groups, seminars, classes and retreats. I can assist you, whether you are looking to resolve personal or family issues or you need solutions for your company or organization."
- Trauma Solution Practitioner, The Business Education Institute and the International Network for Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology, Peopleistic, Dallas Texas 2016
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, 500-hour instruction. Certified by the State of New Mexico Higher Education Department, Hypnotherapy Academy of America, Albuquerque, New Mexico September to November 2011
- Reiki Master Usui System of Natural Healing, Healing Today, Gainesville, Florida, February 2009
- Massage Therapist, (624 hours of Therapeutic Massage training), Florida College of Natural Health; Maitland Florida, 2006-2007
- Cranio Sacral Therapy Level I, The Upledger Institute, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, June 2006
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Orlando, Florida 2005
- Master Rapid Eye Technician, Rapid Eye Institute; Salem Oregon, April 2003
- SSPT Trainer, Rapid Eye Institute, Salem Oregon, February 2003
- Healing with flower essences, Siu Tutuava, Bogotá Colombia 2003
- Past Life Regression, The Light Institute, Galisteo New Mexico 2002
- Pranic Healing facilitator, trained by Master Del Pe, Bogotá, Colombia 2002
- Family Constellations trained with Bertold Ulsamer Osho Multiversity 1997
- Meditative Therapies No-Mind Training, Osho Multiversity, Osho Meditation Academy; Poona, India, August 1997
- Osho Counselor Training, Osho Multiversity, Center for Transformation; Poona, India, November 1997
- Core Transformation: Reaching the Wellspring within, Trainer: Tamara Andreas, NLP Comprehensive, Tucson Arizona 1997
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, NLP Santa Fe; Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1995-1996
- Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, NLP University, Assessment conducted at The University of California Santa Cruz, July 1996
- Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, NLP Comprehensive, Boulder, Colorado, April 1996
- Reiki I and II, Salem Oregon 1996 and Tucson Arizona 1998
- Certified Practitioner of Ericksonian Hypnosis, NLP/New York & The New Mexican Connection for Whole Brain Communication; Santa Fe, NM, August 1996
- Rapid Eye Technician, Rapid Eye Institute, Salem Oregon, May 1996
- Educator of the Living Foods Lifestyle, Trained by the late Dr. Ann Wigmore at the Ann Wigmore Institute, Aguada, Puerto Rico, March 1992
- Intuitive Massage, Purvodaya Meditations-Zentrum, Moosburg, Germany, 1980-1981
- Meditation Teacher, Vipassana, Zazen, Osho Meditative Therapies, Purvodaya Meditations-Zentrum, Moosburg, Germany, August, 1979
- Teacher of Art and Design, SENA Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje; Popayán, Colombia, 1968-1971